1. If you smell anything unusual (sulphur or rotten eggs) – turn the gas appliance off, open doors and windows to ventilate the room, get people out of the area and call a licensed gasfitter, your gas supplier and/or emergency services
2. Know how to turn the gas off in an emergency
3. Don't flick any switches or use your mobile phone near a gas leak (no naked flames or cigarettes either)
4. Don’t interfere with any gas appliance – call an authorised professional
5. Have gas appliances regularly serviced – once a year or as per manufacturer’s instructions – to ensure they are running safely and efficiently. Keep records.
6. If you don't know when an appliance was last serviced, don't risk it, get it checked.
Read more info about gas safety in our blog: bit.ly...
Come and grab a bargain before it all goes to the op shop. Sheet sets, fleece blankets, oil heaters, kitchen items, camping table, camp stretchers, tent, gazebo, camp chairs, set of instruments for X box rock band, large camp oven, fire surrounds, printers, tools etc. Saturday 4th July from 9.30 to 12.30 at 21 Witham St, Island Bay.
If your sports, music, hobby or community club facilities look a little worse for wear, Resene have fresh colour and paint to bring them back to their very best!
Resene have 3 prizes of $1500 of Resene quality paints, primers/sealers, wood stains and accessories to give away.
In addition, each winning club will receive a $500 Prezzy card, that you can use to keep your volunteer painters nourished and happy while they are doing the painting! PLUS we have some extra spot prize vouchers too! Simply nominate your club and tell us why they deserve to win! Entries close 31 August 2020!
You are welcome to nominate more than one club.