Blocked drains are inconvenient and unpleasant to deal with, but here are some things you can do to make them less likely to happen:
1. Scrape food scraps off plates into the bin (not down the sink)
2. Put fat, oil and grease into the bin too
3. Use drain strainers to catch food residue in the kitchen and hair/fibres/soap scum in the bathroom & laundry
4. Run just hot water in sinks and showers at least once a week to prevent a build-up of dirt and residues
5. Only flush The Three P's (pee, poo and paper) down your toilet
If your drain gets blocked, avoid using harsh chemicals as these can damage your plumbing system over time. Contact your local Master Plumber for a professional service: www.masterplumbers.org.nz...
Come and grab a bargain before it all goes to the op shop. Sheet sets, fleece blankets, oil heaters, kitchen items, camping table, camp stretchers, tent, gazebo, camp chairs, set of instruments for X box rock band, large camp oven, fire surrounds, printers, tools etc. Saturday 4th July from 9.30 to 12.30 at 21 Witham St, Island Bay.
If your sports, music, hobby or community club facilities look a little worse for wear, Resene have fresh colour and paint to bring them back to their very best!
Resene have 3 prizes of $1500 of Resene quality paints, primers/sealers, wood stains and accessories to give away.
In addition, each winning club will receive a $500 Prezzy card, that you can use to keep your volunteer painters nourished and happy while they are doing the painting! PLUS we have some extra spot prize vouchers too! Simply nominate your club and tell us why they deserve to win! Entries close 31 August 2020!
You are welcome to nominate more than one club.