Kāpiti Coast District Council has announced a range of immediate changes to support local people and businesses in response to COVID-19.
At a special briefing this week the Council agreed to:
· Remove rates late payment penalties for rest of 2019/20
· A June 2020 rates payment holiday for those impacted by COVID-19
· Waive rent payments for three months for major tenants
· Rapid supplier payments, aiming for seven-day payments
· 90-day credit terms for invoices
· Refund consent deposits and fees if applicants request to withdraw their application
· Refund a quarter of fees for food, alcohol and outdoor dining licenses paid in the current financial year
· Increase weighting for local businesses in procurement processes
· Allow Community Boards to repurpose unallocated discretionary grants for 2019/20 to COVID-19 response initiatives
· Flexibility to repurpose remaining social investment grants in 2019/20 as appropriate
· Extend existing library book loans by six weeks
The Council is also reviewing its 2020/21 budget to find further savings, and will continue to assess the situation as the full impacts of COVID-19 continue to become clear and respond accordingly.
Those interested in accessing support will be able to visit www.kapiticoast.govt.nz... or call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 to register interest. A dedicated email address will be activated shortly.
It's about 2 years old. Didn't really sleep any better with it, but that's just me. It's got some sort of bamboo memory foam stuff in it. You attach it to the top of a mattress (1650×2020 = King?).
Free from a smoke and Covid-19 free home :-)
Collect from Paraparaumu.
Had a conversation with someone last night and they mentioned what a great idea it would be to be able to use the empty Placemakers building on Kapiti Road for community activities such as an indoor winter farmers and craft market along with any other initiatives that would benefit the community like a “repair shed” or “share shed” operated by retired tradies etc.....the ideas would be many but maybe it’s been thought of before.?
Hi .. just looking for someone reliable to do a couple of hours per week .. cash. Call me on 0211192405 to discuss.