Kāpiti Coast District Council has announced a range of immediate changes to support local people and businesses in response to COVID-19.
At a special briefing this week the Council agreed to:
· Remove rates late payment penalties for rest of 2019/20
· A June 2020 rates payment holiday for those impacted by COVID-19
· Waive rent payments for three months for major tenants
· Rapid supplier payments, aiming for seven-day payments
· 90-day credit terms for invoices
· Refund consent deposits and fees if applicants request to withdraw their application
· Refund a quarter of fees for food, alcohol and outdoor dining licenses paid in the current financial year
· Increase weighting for local businesses in procurement processes
· Allow Community Boards to repurpose unallocated discretionary grants for 2019/20 to COVID-19 response initiatives
· Flexibility to repurpose remaining social investment grants in 2019/20 as appropriate
· Extend existing library book loans by six weeks
The Council is also reviewing its 2020/21 budget to find further savings, and will continue to assess the situation as the full impacts of COVID-19 continue to become clear and respond accordingly.
Those interested in accessing support will be able to visit www.kapiticoast.govt.nz... or call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 to register interest. A dedicated email address will be activated shortly.
Garage Sale: 3 Toru Road Paraparaumu Beach 9.00am to 12.00
Items for sale include:
Washing machine, dryer, drinks cabinet with min fridge, table 4 chairs, fridge, microwave, bar B Q table, desk curtains
Power tools. Lawn mower, lawn trimer, line trimer, chain saw, water blaster, steam wall paper striper, drill, hand grinder wood chipper
Various hand tools hammers, saws, spanners.
Garden: wheelbarrow, rake, 2 spades, tree pruner, hedge clipper, worm farm
I am looking for a good reliable mobility scooter if anyone has one for sale , Ph. 049057002 .
Feeling tight, sore and achy?
Starting next week ->
Yoga -Mobility and Balance classes at the Paraparaumu domain.
Open to 9 participants per class, make sure you book your spot by messaging me or email at www.timeoutproject.kiwi....
$10 for drop-in or $80 for a 10-trip.
Beginners and all ages are welcome.
Looking forward to it!