Before re-hanging your clean curtains, we recommend you thoroughly wash the inside of your windows and frames with warm soapy water with a small amount of bleach in to get rid of any mould spores that are present, taking care not to splash on your carpet or other soft furnishings.
Mould grows as a result of sun, moisture and dust or dirt so any attempts to minimize these environmental conditions will help.
- Removing the moisture from your windows each morning.
- Curtains can be vacuumed using the round brush attachment to remove dust
- Ensuites can be a major source of moisture in a bedroom, ensure these are well ventilated
- Avoid drying washing inside
- Opening windows for a small amount of time each day to let the moisture out of your home
- Curtains can be spot cleaned using a solution of washing powder and warm water – this will often leave a watermark so spots should be patted dry with a towel, then dried with a hair dryer.
- Please note: “Exit-Mould” & citrus cleaners will most often strip the colour out of your curtain and leave chemicals in the fabric that will cause it to rot
Call us today on 0800 579 0501 to book in for a clean!
Have you ever had a pest problem? I used to have a pet rat. They are smart, affectionate, clever little things. I'd never want to cause one unnecessary pain or suffering, which is why we've chosen to manage pests in our home with traps. It's not ideal, but it's better - and safer - than poison. I've done a little research on humane, effective vermin control during the wet months, when they like to come in from the cold. Take a look:
I'm working on a travel story for Stuff about the things that have surprised returning Kiwis about New Zealand. If you have recently returned from overseas or know someone who has, it would be great to hear about the things that have stood out for you, for better or for worse. Whether it's to do with the weather, the cost of things, the public transport, the food, the housing, the people or something else entirely, we'd be keen to hear about it. Please remember that your comment may be included in the article, unless you say you don't want it to be. Thank you.
Authentic handcrafted products from Africa.
Perfect as a mid winter gift for someone (or yourself!).
See you in store soon,