Kāpiti Coast District Council has announced a range of immediate changes to support local people and businesses in response to COVID-19.
At a special briefing this week the Council agreed to:
· Remove rates late payment penalties for rest of 2019/20
· A June 2020 rates payment holiday for those impacted by COVID-19
· Waive rent payments for three months for major tenants
· Rapid supplier payments, aiming for seven-day payments
· 90-day credit terms for invoices
· Refund consent deposits and fees if applicants request to withdraw their application
· Refund a quarter of fees for food, alcohol and outdoor dining licenses paid in the current financial year
· Increase weighting for local businesses in procurement processes
· Allow Community Boards to repurpose unallocated discretionary grants for 2019/20 to COVID-19 response initiatives
· Flexibility to repurpose remaining social investment grants in 2019/20 as appropriate
· Extend existing library book loans by six weeks
The Council is also reviewing its 2020/21 budget to find further savings, and will continue to assess the situation as the full impacts of COVID-19 continue to become clear and respond accordingly.
Those interested in accessing support will be able to visit www.kapiticoast.govt.nz... or call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 to register interest. A dedicated email address will be activated shortly.
These are the last words of George Floyd, a 46-year-old man who died as a US police officer pinned him down, kneeling on his neck for seven minutes, until he suffocated:
"It's my face man
I didn't do nothing serious man
please I can't breathe
Now sign the Avaaz petition -- bit.ly...
Foster Hope are running their annual new pyjama drive leading up to winter. There are over 6,000 children in foster care in New Zealand many who arrive at their new placements with little or no belongings. The drive is asking for new summer or winter pyjamas (aged 0-18 years). Many of these children have never had a brand new pair of their very own and knowing that someone has shopped especially for them is a huge boost to their self-esteem.
Bayleys Kapiti at 19a Raumati Road, Raumati Beach are participating as a drop point until 26th June. If you can afford to purchase a new pair of pyjamas, these will be gratefully be received by one of these children. Anything we can do to help them feel loved and valued is a huge part of what we do.
QUEEN SIZE mattress and easy movable base on wheels, excellent condition and no rips can come with a SUNBEAM EXPRESS PRO FITTED electric blanket