Kāpiti Coast District Council has announced a range of immediate changes to support local people and businesses in response to COVID-19.
At a special briefing this week the Council agreed to:
· Remove rates late payment penalties for rest of 2019/20
· A June 2020 rates payment holiday for those impacted by COVID-19
· Waive rent payments for three months for major tenants
· Rapid supplier payments, aiming for seven-day payments
· 90-day credit terms for invoices
· Refund consent deposits and fees if applicants request to withdraw their application
· Refund a quarter of fees for food, alcohol and outdoor dining licenses paid in the current financial year
· Increase weighting for local businesses in procurement processes
· Allow Community Boards to repurpose unallocated discretionary grants for 2019/20 to COVID-19 response initiatives
· Flexibility to repurpose remaining social investment grants in 2019/20 as appropriate
· Extend existing library book loans by six weeks
The Council is also reviewing its 2020/21 budget to find further savings, and will continue to assess the situation as the full impacts of COVID-19 continue to become clear and respond accordingly.
Those interested in accessing support will be able to visit www.kapiticoast.govt.nz... or call 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486 to register interest. A dedicated email address will be activated shortly.
These are the last words of George Floyd, a 46-year-old man who died as a US police officer pinned him down, kneeling on his neck for seven minutes, until he suffocated:
"It's my face man
I didn't do nothing serious man
please I can't breathe
Now sign the Avaaz petition -- bit.ly...
Kia ora Wellington, it's time to dust off that old camera, get out and about and show the rest of your neighbours your favourite, treasured spots in your region. It could be an awesome view, the shy wildlife or even the old buildings that are wanting their stories to be told.
Go ahead, get snapping and illustrate what's beyond your backyard.
Post your photographs in the comments below ⬇
On tomorrow and every Tuesday in the Waikanae Town Centre from 9.30am - 12 Noon. Fresh Veg, honey, indoor plants and succulents, honey and avocados, crafts, vegan friendly crackers and granola, the Rawleigh's Man, local avocados, macrame plant hangers, seedlings and more