One way to take part is by joining or setting up a Neighbourhood Support group on your street.
Our Coordinator at Hastings District Council recently sent us this snap from a get together with residents from a new suburb who are keen to get Neighbourhood Support up and running.
To gauge interest, he hosted a free barbecue at a park with the support of their local New Zealand Police to bring neighbours together to discuss setting it up. Every group is different in how it chooses to operate. Our policy is whatever works best for your area!
Kia ora Waikato, it's time to dust off that old camera, get out and about and show the rest of your neighbours your favourite, treasured spots in your region. It could be an awesome view, the shy wildlife or even the old buildings that are wanting their stories to be told.
Go ahead, get snapping and illustrate what's beyond your backyard.
Post your photographs in the comments below ⬇
The new kerbside rubbish and recycling service will now start from 31 August 2020. Starting this week, teams will be out and about delivering the new bins!
Before re-hanging your clean curtains, we recommend you thoroughly wash the inside of your windows and frames with warm soapy water with a small amount of bleach in to get rid of any mould spores that are present, taking care not to splash on your carpet or other soft furnishings.
Mould grows as a result of sun, moisture and dust or dirt so any attempts to minimize these environmental conditions will help.
- Removing the moisture from your windows each morning.
- Curtains can be vacuumed using the round brush attachment to remove dust
- Ensuites can be a major source of moisture in a bedroom, ensure these are well ventilated
- Avoid drying washing inside
- Opening windows for a small amount of time each day to let the moisture out of your home
- Curtains can be spot cleaned using a solution of washing powder and warm water – this will often leave a watermark so spots should be patted dry with a towel, then dried with a hair dryer.
- Please note: “Exit-Mould” & citrus cleaners will most often strip the colour out of your curtain and leave chemicals in the fabric that will cause it to rot
Call us today on 0800 579 0501 to book in for a clean!