A leaky gas heater sent six people from Melville to hospital - one in serious condition.
Firefighters were called to the smell of gas and found a leaky heater at the scene.
The poisoning has prompted calls to ban heaters like the one involved - something which has already happened in Canada and most of Europe.
Do you think gas heaters should be banned?
47.9% Yes, they're too dangerous.47.9% Complete
52.1% No, people need to learn where and how to use them.52.1% Complete
0% Other - explain in the comments.0% Complete
I have been wondering why in particulat the Chinese have been street spraying. I now see the reason behind this decision.
Hey neighbours, how are you finding life in lockdown? If you're looking for new ways to mix things up at home and in the garden, we can help!
Join us for a virtual lunch from 12.30 today (8 April), when NZ House & Garden and NZ Gardener editors Naomi Larkin and Jo McCarroll will be live on Homed to answer your questions, share their expertise and chat about your latest projects.
From repurposing items you already have to create a stylish new interior, to getting a steer on what you can sow and grow in the garden right now, here's your chance to get help and advice from those in the know.
And if you've already finished some home and garden projects during lockdown, don't be shy... show us what you've done. We'd love to see them! Click here and get in early to submit your questions and join in the fun. You can also email photos of your projects to: email@example.com.
Hello neighbours, our editor Jo McCarroll is hosting another Live Lunch today (with colleague Naomi who edits NZ House & Garden), so jump online between 12.30 and 1pm to join them. You can ask questions in advance, so start firing through your gardening questions and pictures of your garden or the projects you've been tackling over lockdown anytime you like!