AMI Community Grants 2019
What's up for grabs?
Project Grants: these Grants are for specific projects that will benefit a local community. These projects should focus on creating safer, more connected New Zealand communities. Examples could include:
an area that needs better lighting or more adequate shade
a school or public area that needs a do-up after a fire
a public swimming pool that needs a new fence
First aid kits or training for community groups in your area
There are two Project Grant rounds in 2019: January and July. Each round will have the following prizes:
Winner - $3,000
Runner-up – $2,000
Organisation Grants: these Grants are for established organisations and not-for-profits focused on community wellbeing and/or safer communities.
There are two Organisation Grant rounds in 2019: January and July. Each round will have the following prizes:
Winner - $6,000
Runner up - $4,000
Submit your 2019 Community Grants entry now.
What makes a good AMI Community Grant application?
AMI Community Grants is designed to recognise special causes, projects, organisation or individuals working hard in their community to help reduce crime, and/or make their community a stronger, safer and more connected place to live.
With $30,000 up for grabs across two rounds, AMI and Neighbourly would like to hear more about how your Organisation or Project will create safer, more connected community for you and your neighbours.
It's easy to apply: applicants just need to make a post on Neighbourly using the AMI Community Grants landing page, and share a few details about their initiative or organisation.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
What would you do with the funds? (maximum 500 words please. Remember to include details of how this will benefit your community and how the money will be utilised)
How is your Organisation/Project helping create safer, more connected communities?
Name of your Community Organisation, charity, cause or project?
Website URL (optional), could also be a link to your project/organisation’s Facebook page
Any photos of the work you’ve done previous with your organisation, or the area you’d like to fix up or help.
Please note: all entries for an AMI Community Grants will be shared with Neighbourly partner AMI. This will include applicant's name, email and phone number. Read more in T&Cs.
AMI Community Grant Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 8 January 2019
Neighbourly and AMI are giving away $30,000 to community organisations and members registered with Neighbourly to support community initiatives and projects focused on safer neighbourhoods (the “Promotion”).
There are two rounds for AMI Community Grants - January-February 2019 and July 2019. Each round offers $15,000 of funds. The Promotion is valid in New Zealand only.
1) Community Organisation grant:
Winner - $6,000
Runner up - $4,000
2) Community Project grant:
Winner - $3,000
Runner-up – $2,000
The following terms and conditions set out the eligibility criteria, voting requirements, selection process and how funds will be distributed.
1. Round 1 of AMI Community Grants campaign runs from Sunday 20 January 2019 to 5pm to Friday 15 February inclusive. Round 2 of AMI Community Grants runs from Monday 1 July 2019 to 5pm Friday 26th July 2019.
2. Any Organisations and/or Neighbourly member who makes a post using the AMI Community Grant category automatically makes a submission for an AMI Community Grant.
3. For round one, week commencing Monday 18 February 2019, all submissions will be reviewed by a Neighbourly and AMI panel. Five finalists from each category (Community Project and Community Organisation) will be selected with Neighbourly members to vote for the projects they’d like to see as AMI Community Grant recipients, subject to any overriding decision of AMI (which may be exercised in its sole and absolute discretion).
For round two, week commencing Monday 29 July 2019, all submissions will be reviewed by a Neighbourly and AMI panel. Five finalists from each category (Community Project and Community Organisation) will be selected with Neighbourly members to vote for the projects they’d like to see as AMI Community Grant recipients, subject to any overriding decision of AMI (which may be exercised in its sole and absolute discretion).
The Organisation and Project with the most votes at Sunday 10 March 11.59pm (round one) and Sunday 18th August 2019 (round two) will receive $3000 (Project) and $6000 (Organisation) respectively.
4. The two (2) Organisations and Projects during each round with the most votes following the overall winner will each receive $2000 (Project) and $4000 (Organisation).
5. The judges decision is final.
6. AMI and/or Neighbourly reserves the right to:
Check the eligibility of entries, the eligibility of votes and monitor any irregular voting record or pattern if in any way it seems appropriate, including, but not limited to, requesting further information about an applicant's credentials.
withdraw selection prior to payment if the applicant's eligibility for AMI Community Grants is in doubt or if the applicant and/or organisation is conducting themselves in a manner which is inconsistent with strong community values.
Disqualify an Organisation or Project if AMI reasonably suspects (in AMI’s sole discretion) that any of its votes have been procured or generated fraudulently or as a result of improper sourcing methods or otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or in any manner that AMI in its sole discretion considers to be inappropriate or contrary to the spirit of the Promotion.
Allocation and distribution of funds
7. The winning organisations will be determined by the number of votes received from Neighbourly members.
8. Round 1 finalists will be contacted week commencing Monday 18 February 2019 and may be asked to provide additional information. The Overall winner and runners up will be contacted again via email and/or phone on Monday 11 March 2019. Round 2 finalists will be contacted week commencing Monday 29 July 2019 and may be asked to provide additional information. The Overall winner and runners up will be contacted again via email and/or phone on Monday 19 August 2019.
9. When the voting period closes, Neighbourly.co.nz will write a cheque to each winning Organisation or Project for their share of their relevant prize.
10. These cheques will be couriered or presented in person to the winning Organisation at the close of the Promotion.
11. Successful applicants must be available for reasonable promotional opportunities including media purposes. Your information: collection, retention and use
AMI Community Grant Winners
13. Information will be used to advise successful applicants that they have been selected. Neighbourly may publish the names, description and location of each successful applicant and/or Organisation on Neighbourly.co.nz, Neighbourly’s Facebook page, Neighbourly’s Twitter page, AMI channels including AMI Facebook page and customer newsletters and in any and all media outlets. Any other publication of the applicant's information will be subject to the applicant's consent.
14. Participation in the AMI Community Grants promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
15. All other costs associated with redeeming items are the responsibility, and at the cost of, the participant.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss or loss of profits) or damage or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or the acceptance or use of any redemption item (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case it will be excluded to the minimum allowable by law.
17. The promoter is Neighbourly.co.nz, 4 Williamson Ave, Auckland, New Zealand.