AMI Community Grants 2017
What's up for grabs?
Member Project / Neighbourhood Grants: these Grants are individuals (Neighbourly members) who are working on projects that will benefit their local community – or have a project they want to get off the ground. Those projects which will be focused on creating safer, more connected communities will be
Neighbourly member community projects - 4 x $1000
Grand Prize - 1 x $3000
Organisation / Regional Grants: these Grants are for established organisations and not-for-profits focused on community wellbeing and/or safer communities.
Not-for-profits / Community Organisations - 4 x $2000
Grand Prize - 1 x $5000
What makes a good AMI Community Grant application?
AMI Community Grants is designed to recognise special causes, projects, organisation or individuals working hard in their community to help reduce crime, and/or make their community a stronger, safer and friendlier place to live.
With $20,000 up for grabs, AMI and Neighbourly would like to hear more about how your organisation or project will create safer, more connected community for you and your neighbours.
It's easy to apply: applicants just need to make a post on Neighbourly using the AMI Community Grants category and share a few details about their project or initiative. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
What would you do with the funds? (maximum 500 words please. Remember to include details of how this will benefit your community and how the money will be utilised)
Name of your Community Organisation, charity, cause project
Website URL (optional)
Please note: all entries for an AMI Community Grants will be shared with Neighbourly partner AMI. This will include applicant's name, email and phone number. Read more in T&Cs.
AMI Community Grant Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 26 January 2017
Neighbourly and AMI are giving away $20,000 to community organisations and members registered with Neighbourly to support community initiatives and projects focused on safer neighbourhoods. The promotion is valid in New Zealand only.
Neighbourly member community projects 4 x $1000
Member Grand Prize 1 x $3000
Not-for-profits / Community Organisations 4 x $2000
Community Organisation Grand Prize 1 x $5000
The following terms and conditions set out the eligibility criteria, voting requirements, selection process and how funds will be distributed.
1. AMI Community Grants campaign runs from Monday 23 January 2017 to 5 March 2017.
2. Any Organisations and/or Neighbourly member who makes a post using the AMI Community Grant category automatically makes a submission for an AMI Community Grant.
3. On Tuesday 14 February 2017 all submissions will be reviewed by a Neighbourly and AMI panel. 10 finalists from each category (Neighbourly member and Community Organisation) will be selected and announced via Neighbourly on Thursday 16 February 2017. Neighbourly members will then vote for the projects they’d like to see as AMI Community Grant recipients.
Voting will close at 11:59pm on Sunday 5 March 2017. The Organisation and Member with the most votes once voting has closed will receive the Grand Prize in each category $3000 (Member) and $5000 (Organisation) respectively.
4. The four (4) Organisations and Members with the most votes following the overall winner in each category will each receive $1000 (Member) and $2000 Organisation.
6. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. AMI and/or Neighbourly reserves the right to:
request further information about an applicant's eligibility in the promotion;
withdraw selection prior to payment if the applicant's eligibility for AMI Community Grants is in doubt or if the applicant and/or organisation is conducting themselves in a manner which is inconsistent with strong community values.
Allocation and distribution of funds
9. The winning organisations will be determined by the number of votes received from Neighbourly members.
Finalists will be contacted week commencing Monday 13 February 2017 and may be asked to provide additional information. The Overall winner and runners up will be contacted via email and/or phone week commencing Monday 6 March 2017.
11. When the voting period closes, Neighbourly.co.nz will write a cheque to each group for their share of their relevant prize.
12. These cheques will be couriered or presented in person to the winning organisation at the close of the promotion.
13. Finalist and winners must be available for reasonable promotional opportunities including media purposes.
Your information: collection, retention and use
AMI Community Grant Winners
15. Information will be used to advise successful applicants that they have been selected. Both Neighbourly and AMI may use the information provided in their entries of each successful applicant for the purpose of the promotion generally and for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to publishing the names, description and location of each successful applicants and/or organisations on Neighbourly.co.nz, Neighbourly’s Facebook page, Neighbourly’s Twitter page, AMI channels including AMI Facebook page, AMI website, customer newsletters and in any and all media outlets. Any other publication of the applicant's information outside of this will be subject to the applicant's consent.
16. Submissions must be for legitmate iniatives and winners will be required to provide updates of how they have used funds / are using funds. Winners must also be available for publicity and other promotional purposes.
17. Participation in the AMI Community Grants promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
18. All other costs associated with redeeming items are the responsibility, and at the cost of, the participant.
19. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss or loss of profits) or damage or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or the acceptance or use of any redemption item (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case it will be excluded to the minimum allowable by law.
20. The promoter is Neighbourly.co.nz, 4 Williamson Ave, Auckland, New Zealand.